Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a server run by a hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a peek at them. In that way, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to have a web portal, email box accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution offered by various web hosts, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts frequently involve advertisements by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular amount of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly amiss interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would share the workload between independent hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web site hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you wish to share a great amount of pics with comrades or colleagues since the service is mostly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your electronic mail accounts. Some corporations offer webspace hosting services for websites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you would like to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to operate as many video files as you desire without hassling about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to run a site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and email aliases, upload videos, etc. At RE2 Technology Consultants, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the regular email/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for particular web content solely.